Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Good Email Deliverability Results But Emails Still Ending Up in Spam

joshschiesl

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 21 January 2018 01:36 PM

Our emails are reaching the inbox with Gmail but going to spam with Yahoo and Outlook. I ran an initial test and passed with flying colors on overall email deliverability (>95%). It even shows that Yahoo and Outlook are passing individually under the pass/fail filters section.

However, as I’m testing the email delivery outside of Email on Acid with actual Yahoo and Outlook email accounts, they are still landing in the Spam folder. As I’m new to email marketing I’m wondering if because we sent so many emails previously in the development stage which probably wouldn’t have passed the deliverability tests (we’ve obviously since corrected) that everything we’re sending now is getting flagged due to our history. If so, perhaps we just need to switch to a new domain altogether as we’ve tried using new sub-domains but that doesn’t seem to solve the problem?

We are using Mailgun to send the emails and our SenderScore for the domain is over 80 so I do not think this is the issue either. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are committed with a few clients who are expecting this to work within the month.

Thanks ahead!

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  229
Posted: 22 January 2018 08:43 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hey joshschiesl,

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums.

This is a head-scratcher. It seems as though you’ve taken all the relevant steps to ensure good deliverability. Are you sending these emails, as you mentioned you sent a lot in the dev stage, to the same Outlook and Yahoo accounts? Perhaps because they’ve received too many emails from the same sender with duplicate content they are picking it up as spam?

Cheers!
Alex

joshschiesl

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 22 January 2018 11:15 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks for the quick reply, Alex. I have actually been creating new accounts which haven’t received any prior emails and testing with these. When emails are sent to the new Yahoo and Outlook accounts the emails still wind up in spam. I have even asked a few family members to create new accounts and I still experience the same problem. With the Email Testing feature are emails actually being sent to an inbox with each of the respective email clients (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Josh