So, here’s what I’ve found out so far. The update to the most recent version of BBNC (7.1) broke fluid-hybrid email templates in Outlook. BBNC support is not helping with this issue, insisting the problem is with my template. Though, in the previous version (6.64), the same template worked just fine, and it also still sends fine through MailChimp.
Unable to solve this issue (I did test the solution posted by mykel7 above, but it didn’t solve the problem unfortunately, thanks mykel for the suggestion though!), I have now changed over to a media queries template, which does work in BBNC (of course, it will not look super great in your gmail mobile tests since it doesn’t support media queries, why I was avoiding this kind of template in the first place).
BBNC has apparently provided some new responsive media queries templates that we can use for 7.1. They are here if you want to check those out: https://community.blackbaud.com/blogs/66/3721
They are not installed by default in BBNC, so you may not have known about them. I certainly didn’t. That link tells you how to load them in as well.
I have been using a free media queries template from EmailMonks because it comes with a lot of layout options. I’ve used this for a few emails now and my test results through EoA have looked pretty good across the board (even in Outlook!). I’ve attached that template here as a .zip file if you want to give that a shot. Just be very careful when deleting layout sections that you don’t need, that can mess you up.
That’s where I am with this. If I hear anything else or push this with BBNC support further, I’ll let you know. But right now, it’s just easier to start using media query templates that are working and leave my fluid-hybrid template alone until maybe they fix whatever they did to the email editor
Hope that helps!