Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Email Cut off in preview panel for Android 5.1

wileytesting7

Total Posts:  4
Posted: 11 April 2017 08:30 AM

Hello all,

Hoping you can help me out. This email is looking good everywhere we need it to be except for Android 5.1. It cuts off height wise in the middle of the email. I’ve looked through the internet and the forums here and can’t find anything that tells me why this is happening.

Test: https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/6Qr3WQvaTCFZnI3Zio35KTGtRKQG9Nssp9LJUPnKNNtCk/shared

Thank you,
Dione

marjoleinverheij

Total Posts:  31
Posted: 12 April 2017 06:52 AM
[ # 1 ]

That’s just EoA. Sometimes previews get cut off when the mail is very long. Nothing to worry about.

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  210
Posted: 12 April 2017 10:08 PM
[ # 2 ]

Hi Dione,

Thank you for posting on the Email on Acid forums!

Currently, Android 5.1 will only screenshot 4,096 pixels in length. We have this rule in place as it helps us to be able to provide the instant previews we do. Most of our email clients have a limit of some sort, some are just easier than others to hit. I hope this doesn’t’ cause you any inconvenience.

Cheers,
Alex

wileytesting7

Total Posts:  4
Posted: 16 May 2017 05:31 AM
[ # 3 ]

Thank you all for posting! I just saw these replies, but this helps bring peace of mind.

Dione