Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

gmail Code not showing any errors

entertainment

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 01 June 2011 01:17 PM

Hello, i was testing an email to check how this tools shows code errors. I purposely removed the inline style display: block for a couple of my images
Obviously my email did not render correctly in gmail as it gave a margin around those images that did not have the style attribute. but it did not show me in my code that this was missing

John Thies

Administrator
Total Posts:  59
Posted: 01 June 2011 01:53 PM
[ # 1 ]

Greetings aparthe, welcome to the forum. Our code analysis doesn’t tell you whats missing but checks your HTML to see what you have included that is not supported. Designing an HTML can be very complex and would be very difficult to programmically tell someone what to add in order to make their email display correctly in each email client.

With that said, we do have plans on adding a suggestions tab that would try to give some guidance on ways to improve the display of the email in each client. Unfortunately I do not have an exact time-line of when that will be released.

entertainment

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 01 June 2011 02:06 PM
[ # 2 ]

Thank you very much John… I know you have other links that tells you what to look out for when designing an email that is compatible with most email clients. I thought the code hint would mention the necessary tags require to isplay the mail correctly in most used email clients. Looking forward for that feature to be added in.

Thank you