Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Gmail adds blank characters “& n b s p ;”  to my design

Julian Moreno

Total Posts:  3
Posted: 01 June 2011 03:39 PM

Hi:

Gmail adds blank characters “& n b s p ;”  to my design.

How can I fix it to remove them?

Michelle Klann

Administrator
Total Posts:  204
Posted: 01 June 2011 03:57 PM
[ # 1 ]

Hello Julian,

Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with Gmail, can you submit an example of the code you are submitting so that I can try to recreate the issue on my end?

Thanks!

Julian Moreno

Posted: 01 June 2011 04:21 PM
[ # 2 ]
Michelle Klann - 01 June 2011 03:57 PM

Hello Julian,

Sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with Gmail, can you submit an example of the code you are submitting so that I can try to recreate the issue on my end?

Thanks!

Hi Michelle:

Thanks for answering.

Other information that could be helpful, is that I’m using the Interspire email marketer system.

To view the code, download it from here. I have tryed to paste the code here and send it as attached file, but the system did not let me do it.

Michelle Klann

Administrator
Total Posts:  204
Posted: 01 June 2011 06:18 PM
[ # 3 ]

From your code I can see that there are several “empty” table cells with non breaking spaces:

<td width="20" bgcolor="#F2F2F2">&nbsp;</td

This is inserted by your email marketing platform (Interspire) and is most likely part of the template you are using.

From what I can see, the problem is not with Gmail. 

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Julian Moreno

Posted: 01 June 2011 06:49 PM
[ # 4 ]

I already solved this issue, it was Interspire trick. When I pasted the source code on the editor, it didn’t recognize it, so I change the view to WYSIWYG view and then to the source code again, an the source code was colored at that instance. Then, when I sent the test email, it looked good.