Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Right side of emails getting cut off in Webmails. Especially Gmail Chrome

josheanes

Total Posts:  4
Posted: 05 April 2017 01:58 PM

My email is wide (800px), but would that make my emails only partially display in EOA test results in some webmails?

In the Gmail chrome (Mac) screenshot,  only the first 500px of the email from the left is displaying. About 300px is missing.  Several other webmail EOA test results are clipping off about 50px on the right. Not all, but most. Is this an EOA issue?

Here are the test results.
https://www.emailonacid.com/app/acidtest/display/summary/gaFSiFAMLePM9JBWLgKR8RqzpfodDZyckNQXWFjG0oVMw/shared

Thanks for having a look.

marjoleinverheij

Total Posts:  31
Posted: 07 April 2017 09:24 AM
[ # 1 ]

800px is very wide for an email. I think most of the previews support mails up to 640px but definitely not 800px.

josheanes

Total Posts:  4
Posted: 07 April 2017 09:35 AM
[ # 2 ]

Hey Marj! Thanks for the reply.

Yes, 800 is wide but that’s what my client says they want.

After looking into it more, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s just the width EOA has their browsers set up at for screenshots. I can view 800px wide emails perfectly fine on physical devices with enough screen real estate.

It sounds like common sense now, but when you’re trying to figure out inconsistencies, it’s not always straight-forward if you don’t know how Litmus and EOA actually work.