Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Outlook issues with your Hybrid template

antalisEoA

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 18 January 2017 10:46 PM

Hi,

I’ve been testing your Coffee Shop template and it all works great apart from the ‘hero image’.
It always seems to shrink down in all Outlook versions except 2003, 2011and 2016 (mac).

Any ideas what is causing this?

It happens on the version I downloaded from here although only on the 120dpi versions of outlook. (coffee-shop_heroImage_1.9.2)

Thanks, Andy

Image Attachments
hybrid.jpgcoffee-shop-1.jpg
File Attachments
Antalis Hybrid Template_v2.html  (File Size: 69KB - Downloads: 105)

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  210
Posted: 19 January 2017 12:42 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums!

I believe I have fixed this for you. It wasn’t an issue with the hero image, rather something else breaking it out.

In your code I found the VML doing the background image and noticed you had a width of 680px, larger than the 600px container table. To fix this navigate to this piece of code in the HTML:

<v:rect xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" fill="true" stroke="false" style="width:680px;height:175px; background-position: center center !important;"

And simply change the width:680px to width:560px (to account for your 20px guttering) and it will work as intended.

Hope this helps!
Alex

antalisEoA

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 19 January 2017 01:20 AM
[ # 2 ]

That’s perfect, thank you ever so much!!

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  210
Posted: 19 January 2017 01:21 AM
[ # 3 ]

Andy,

Glad I was able to help!

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other issues or whatnot.

Cheers,
Alex