Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Sender Name Change Triggering Gmail Spam Filter

secbraun

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 18 January 2017 02:58 PM

I use Luminate Online to design our emails and have run into and issue with an update to the sender name. Our current sender name is “Company Name” we want to update it to “CEO, Company Name” or “Staff Member, Company Name” depending on the email. I ran an A/B test to see if “Company Name” or “CEO, Company Name” performed better and it looks like changing the sender name to “CEO, Company Name” triggered Gmail’s spam filter. I haven’t changed anything else at all (ie. the sender email address, domain, etc).

Does anyone have thoughts on this? I’ve tried looking all over the internet and have yet to find someone having the same problem or a good solution!

Thanks,
Sarah

Alex Ilhan

Administrator
Total Posts:  224
Posted: 19 January 2017 07:27 AM
[ # 1 ]

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the Email on Acid forums!

Unfortunately, I haven’t had any dealings with Luminate Online. Do they perhaps have their own support team who might be better equipped to assist you?

Cheers,
Alex