Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Has the Android 5.1.0 preview been updated?

natallia

Total Posts:  13
Posted: 05 January 2017 07:34 AM

Hello,

I’ve tested my campaign newsletter with a real hardware, and after a bit of updating, it’s not showing the same as the one in the preview.

I do know Gmail app has been updated recently to support @media queries and other things, as well as the Android WebView updates been pushed out for a while. I’m wondering when will the preview be updated?

Maybe there are other previews that should be updated?

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 05 January 2017 08:48 AM
[ # 1 ]

natallia,
Thank you for posting!

Actually, our Android 5.1 previews are for the native app on that OS, not for the Gmail app. So you won’t see any changes to that preview from updates.

We are always working on keeping our screenshots up to date, and we hope to release some of those in the next month. Let me know if you have any other questions!

natallia

Posted: 05 January 2017 08:51 AM
[ # 2 ]

Oh I see.

In that case, will the Android 5.1.0 preview be updated to Android 5.1.1? On the hardware side, there were some Android WebView updates associated with 5.1.1, so I’m curious about this.

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 05 January 2017 08:53 AM
[ # 3 ]

natallia,
No, we don’t have any plans to update Android 5.1. Sorry to disappoint.

natallia

Posted: 05 January 2017 09:00 AM
[ # 4 ]

Thanks for letting me know.