Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Salesforce ignoring media queries

mebner

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 22 December 2016 06:37 AM

I am coding a custom html email template for use in Salesforce. When I copy/paste the code into EOA to test, all of the media queries work properly and the layout changes from two columns for larger screens to one column for smaller screens.

However, when I place the code into a Salesforce custom html template and send from Salesforce to EOA, the media queries seem to be ignored/dropped and I get the two column layout on smaller screens.

Has anyone had a similar issue with Salesforce? I have googled with no luck and I posted on the forums over there with no response so I thought I would try here.

Thanks,
Michael

Geoff Phillips

Total Posts:  386
Posted: 27 December 2016 02:04 AM
[ # 1 ]

mebner,
Welcome to the forum!

Have you checked the code that you’re receiving from Salesforce? If it’s stripping, classes, IDs or the media queries themselves, that may be the cause of the problem. I would start by checking that output code.

mebner

Total Posts:  2
Posted: 27 December 2016 02:27 AM
[ # 2 ]

Thanks for the reply Geoff. I did look at the code coming from Salesforce and all of the classes and media queries are still in there. There is a bunch of header info in there that I’m not so familiar with so I’ll have to research all of that. Maybe the culprit is in there somewhere. Although I would think that a quick google of “Salesforce email media queries” would turn up some results but, alas, no.