New Features in Our April Release
New Features and Fixes
We love to bring you new features and improve old ones here at EOA. Check out a few of our latest updates below, then log in and try them out! If you see anything that’s missing, we’re always looking for new feature requests (to submit one, just click Support on the left, then click Share an Idea).
List of Updates:
- Link Validation Tools
- Drip Campaigns
- Resubmit Screenshots Button
- Session Expiration Notification
- Webpage Previews
- Other Improvements
Link & Image Validation
When using our Acid Test, you’ll now be able to see a list of links and pictures in your email, as well as whether or not those links are valid. Under Analysis, just click on Link & Image Validation. This little page could save you a lot of time very quickly if you notice that images aren’t working. Even better, it could save you a major headache by spotting a non-functional URL before you send out your email.
For a more visual approach, try the Link Map. With the Link Map, each valid link and image will display a green checkmark. Invalid URLs will display a red X. Just scroll through your email and if it’s all green, it’s all good.
Try clicking on one of the links in the map to see a snapshot of where it goes, along with more information.
After introducing Email on Acid analytics, we got a lot of great feedback. Customer response has been overwhelmingly positive, but we did notice that one thing was missing: Drip Campaigns. Some customers wanted to be able to continue collecting statistics for an email campaign long after our 30 day limit. As of this release, you can change your campaign’s End Date at any time while the campaign is active. Just log into the campaign and click “Edit” on the right side of your campaign, or you can click “Edit” next to the end date in the left column of your campaign. In this way, you can easily extend the end date of your campaign.
Email on Acid tries to deliver perfect screenshots for every test, every time. We know that it doesn’t always work out that way, though, so now we’re proud to offer a Resubmit Screenshot button.
- This button will become available as soon as the screenshot loads, and will most often be used when a pop-up has gotten into your screen cap, or you see some other error.
- Because we use a snapshot of your code that we took when the test was started, using the resubmit screenshot button will never reflect changes made to your code.
- If no screen shot has been loaded, the reprocess screenshot button will become available after 10 minutes. We enforce this delay to give our servers enough time to return any images that might still be in the queue.
- If you load a test from your archive, we’ll reprocess any screenshots that weren’t already delivered.
- For now, we’re only allowing a given screenshot to be reprocessed one time.
For a single test we can process as many as 130 screen captures. With all that going on, there are a lot of places things can go awry. We hope that this reduces the number of headaches when dealing with actual screen captures.
EOA has always limited session length and we will continue to do so. Now, instead of being logged out without even knowing it (and possibly losing work):
- After 1 hour of inactivity you’ll see a Session Expiration Popup that will ask you to click a button to stay logged in.
- If the button isn’t clicked, the window will request your login info again.
- Once your info is entered, you’ll be on the same page you were on before, instead of being booted to the dashboard.
We hope that this upgrade will help to preserve the valuable work of our users.
Hopefully you already trust EOA to offer you accurate screenshots of what your email will look like in 65 combinations of email clients. Now you can also preview how your web pages (or web versions of your emails) will look in popular internet browsers. Find out more about web page previews here.
As always, we continue to search for bugs in our system and iron them out. A few bugs that were high on our list this time:
- Fixed some membership issues
- Discontinued code-based previews for web clients
- Prepopulate the Subject field when re-running a test
- Fixed issues with VML and screen caps
- Made “Download CSV” button unavailable for campaigns without a merge tag listed
- Updated how we track unique opens when a merge tag is listed
- Updated how we process all URLs to account for spaces