Getting Started: Creating an Email Test
Our self-serve email testing platform lets you test your email in a jiffy, giving you an EXACT representation of your email by capturing real screen captures. If you are just getting started with your email testing, we have 4 testing options but our auto-process testing method is not only the easiest way to run a test, but will also produce the most accurate results. Our auto-process method tests in clients and devices based off of your default client list. To ensure you are running tests on all the clients and devices you desire, you will need to configure your default client list before you get to testing.
What is the auto-process method?
The auto-process method allows you to send and test your email directly from your ESP (email service provider). That means you can preview your email as it will be received by your subscribers. When we receive your email, we process it automagically and your test results will be available in the dashboard the next time you login.
Setting up auto-process testing.
To get started using auto-process, there are a few steps you need to take.
Follow the instructions below so testing your email is as easy as hitting “send”:
- Step 1: Log in to the site.
- Step 2: Locate the email address just below the “Inbox” title. This is your account’s auto-process address. You can already send an email to this address to test it, but first we’ll show you how to select which clients the email will be tested in.
Please note, some ESP’s do not support a “.” character in the email address. If this is happening to you, you can substitute “.” with the “+” character. The address you would send to would then look like firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 3: Click on Settings to access your default email client list.
- Step 4: Select the email clients you want to test in by default by checking in their boxes. Each time you send an email to your auto-process address, the email will be tested in all of the clients you’ve selected here. Try to pick the email clients that you think your recipients will be opening your emails in. For example, there’s no need to use German or Russian clients in your default list if you don’t have any recipients in those countries.
- Step 5: Click the Save Settings button at the bottom of the page.
- Step 6: Log into your ESP and send a test message to your auto-process address from step 2. Do not try and run an auto-process test by putting your EOA testing address in the BCC field. Always put your auto-process email address in the To: field. Also, do not forward emails to this address, as the forwarding email client can cause a lot of problems.
- Step 7: Now you can log in and access your previews in the results inbox! Easy peasy.
For future tests, all you have to do is send an email from your ESP to your auto-process address!
We offer alternate testing methods.
If you can’t use auto-process with your ESP, or don’t have access to the ESP for testing purposes, you may want to test using one of our other methods. Get more info on other testing methods here.
Try out our auto-process feature without paying a penny.
We hope you all enjoy our most convenient testing method yet. Email testing takes boatloads of time, and time is money, so it’s our mission to make testing as fast and painless as possible.
Not an Email on Acid user? Sign up today for a free 7-day trial.
Let us know if we can offer any assistance regarding this testing method or any email related question by contacting us at support!
Author: Alex Ilhan
Hailing all the way from England, Alex brings his email development expertise along with an endless stream of cups of tea and British cynicism. Follow him on Twitter: @omgitsonlyalex.