Community Forum

Over the years we have built up a community of email marketers, coders and designers that live and breathe email.

Use the Email on Acid Forum like your virtual water cooler: Stop by to discuss email code, quirky clients and fixes and post your issues (with an example of the code) for our community to offer its assistance.

Optimization making things worse….

Total Posts:  1
Posted: 23 February 2013 07:59 PM

First I’d like to say that I think Email on Acid is a terrific service and it has saved me on several occasions.

I’ve been provided a template from an ad agency and just needed to change the body content. I tested it and it looked good in everything but Outlook 2013. I ran it through the Email on Acid optimization, made recommended changes and then the problems multiplied.

Thinking I must have done something wrong, I started over. Same thing. One of the things that happens after optimization is that the it moves the meta content and title beneath the </head> tag
<!DOCTYPE html>
<meta content=“text/html; charset=utf-8” http-equiv=“Content-Type” />

and then gives those both as errors.

It also suggests that Line-height might not display correctly. Solution: Try adding “mso-line-height-rule:exactly” just before your line-height declaration.

I’ve implemented that suggestion and when I run it through optimizer again I get that same suggestion. When I check I have added the above rule before each instance of line-height. Do you have any idea why it keeps showing the same error that has already been corrected?

Help, I am desperate to complete this project.

Thanks in advance,