Forum

Got questions? We’ve got answers...

Feature Wishlist…
Posted: 25 March 2010 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-01-05

Hi guys,

Is there any chance of giving us the option of selecting which of the email clients we want to run on an acid test?

I appreciate it doesnt take a huge amount of time to do them all but i find myself running quite a lot of tests in a short space of time for specific email clients and if i could be more specific it would reduce my waiting time.

Also, is there any chance of having the “I have read and agree to the Email on Acid Terms of Service.” box automatically ticked for monthly subscribers such as myself.

Again, i appreciate it is not a hardship to tick it but when you are running lots of tests per hour it just becomes a little bit tedious having to tick it every time.

This one is a little more adventurous, currently your programme lets us preview how our email will look in each email client, but it only shows how it will look once opened up to a full screen, is there any possiblity of having the option to preview our emails in the email clients preview panel so that we can optimise what our customers will see before they even open the email?

Posted: 25 March 2010 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2009-03-04

These are all great suggestions Serif and we have added them to our master “to do” list. 

It’s great to hear what people want and need - so for anyone else, feel free to add to Serif’s wish list.

Cheers!

Posted: 03 May 2010 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-03

wish list:
- export results to pdf or excel so i can add it to the monthly reports i give my clients.
- permanent account email address to send emails to instead of the .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and account name in the subject. if i had a permanent unique email, then i can add it to my test email group in my email program

otherwise, really cool software! helps the testing process a lot.

thank you.

Posted: 21 June 2010 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-01-05

Hi guys,

Thanks for the new features that have been added recently, they’re a great addition.

Could i possibly suggest/request some slight alterations?

Firstly, the ‘Email Subject’ option, i can certainly see its benfits but when i am doing repeat tests in quick succession of the same email it would be really useful to have a way of turning off or disabling this option otherwise it just becomes slightly repetative.

I am really liking and finding useful your ‘Select Your Client’ option but again, when i am doing a lot of tests in quick succession it would be really useful to have a way to remember my selection rather than me having to untick them all and then re-tick the ones i do want for every test

Cheers

Posted: 27 October 2010 03:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-10-27

I agree with the need for a dedicated email box to send to - per user account.

In my tests the ‘myinbox’ option only works if I put my username as the only thing in the email subject line - so every test is titled the same ... not good.

It would be much better to be able to send my test emails to ... .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

(Actually this is what I expected to happen, and what I thought I was buying the ability to do !)

Posted: 27 October 2010 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2009-08-23

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments and suggestions! 

Serif, I just wanted to make sure you saw the latest update - you can now set a list of clients that you want to test by default so that you no longer have to select them on every test.  To do so, click on the “Settings” link in the top navigation.  There are a few additional tools in there that you might find useful as well.

Regarding the subject line change, this one is tricky because we often have customers who refer to specific tests by subject line and otherwise we don’t have a way of supporting them.  The subject line is also very important in SPAM testing. However, to make it less frustrating to have to re-enter your subject each time, we will look into allowing the browser to cache the text you entered recently.  Look for that feature in the next release (slated for 10/31/10).

SmartTactics, thanks for voting for the updates to our inbox.  This has recently become a more popular request so we have slated it for an upcoming release. Unfortunately I can not provide a specific date but I can assure you we are on it.

As for this coming release, on 10/31/10, you will see the launch of our new Android and Android Gmail previews.  We are also coming out with screen shot counterparts to several of our currently supported email clients. 

I hope this update was helpful! 

Happy testing everyone,
Miki

Posted: 10 November 2010 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-11-10

+1 for being able to email my test to an account-specific address - I use Convio for email sends, and there’s content that’s substituted in from their system; if I could send directly from there to EonA, that would speed my workflow dramatically.

+1 for caching email subject

Posted: 01 December 2010 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2009-08-23

Thanks everyone for posting your recommendations to this forum.  We’ve added most of the features you’ve requested including but not limited to the following:

1.) You can now send test emails directly to your Email on Acid account, without a required subject line.

2.) We are now caching email subject lines

3.) You can easily re-run tests using the same selection of email clients

4.) You can show/hide email client interfaces - this limits the amount of scrolling required

5.) We added a “Settings” tab a while back, this allows you to set several default settings for your account such as image blocking, email client selections, show/hide client interfaces and more…

6.) Now you can browse through each email client by simply using the left and right arrow keys.

Cheers all and happy testing!

Posted: 09 December 2010 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-08-03

Awesome implementations. A testament to the hard work going on at EOA.

I second the suggestion by Reachbuzz, in that I’d like to export a “timestamp” of screenshots.  I often need to store these for archive so the results can be shown (proven) to the client that all is well across the board.

I suppose one method to allow this would be to enable all clients to have screenshot versions, and we could just drag-n-drop the screenshots to a local folder. Otherwise an export feature would be stellar.

Thanks!
Joel

x

And get updates on the latest email tips, tricks and hacks!