Forum

Got questions? We’ve got answers...

1 of 3
How long should a spam test take?
Posted: 06 January 2012 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2010-06-03

Two of the results (DKIM and SPF) appeared almost instantly, but the remaining filters are ‘still waiting’ after almost an hour. Is this usual?

Posted: 06 January 2012 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2009-06-24

Greetings Neil, it shouldn’t take that long to get the results, 5-10 minutes at the most. What SPAM test method did you use (Seed, SMTP or EOA)?

Posted: 07 January 2012 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-10-26
neil.west1 - 06 January 2012 05:58 AM

Two of the results (DKIM and SPF) appeared almost instantly, but the remaining filters are ‘still waiting’ after almost an hour. Is this usual?

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve tried clearing my cache, different browsers and different computers.  I’m burning credits and not getting results.  Would love to see a solution from support.

Posted: 07 January 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-24

Greetings rcarson, how are you sending the email to the Seed List? Through an ESP or something else?

It sounds like your test is not being sent to the entire Seed List. Currently the way our system works - all Seed List addresses need to be in the “To:” field of a single email for it to work correctly, if not you will get partial results like you are experiencing now.

We are currently working on an update so that we will still be able to pull the SPAM results if they are sent in separate emails. We hope to have a fix in place by Monday morning.

Posted: 07 January 2012 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-10-26

Hi. thanks for the quick response.  I’m having the issue whether I use the Seed list or not.

When sending the seed list, I pasted them into the test email address field in Pardot, which would have had the effect of sending an individual email to each address.

Today I tried again the “old fashioned way,” meaning the way EoA used to work and the spam for outlook clients have been spinning away without ever finishing.

Given that I’m emailing to businesses, the outlook results are kind of important…

Any other ideas?

Posted: 09 January 2012 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-06-03
John Thies - 06 January 2012 08:03 AM

Greetings Neil, its shouldn’t take that long to get the results, 5-10 minutes at the most. What SPAM test method did you use (Seed, SMTP or EOA)?

Hi John

I used Seed by pasting all the addresses into the address list in our chosen software - Direct Mail by E3, this sent individual emails. I’ve just checked this morning and there’s still just the two results showing.

Posted: 09 January 2012 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-24

We just updated our SPAM test so it will be able to process individual emails sent to the Seed List. Please try to send the email again to the list, just be sure to use the same sending address and subject. If it still does not work please let us know.

Thanks

Posted: 10 January 2012 03:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-06-03

Resent email as requested. 15 minutes later, only 1 additional result - Mac Mail.

Posted: 10 January 2012 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-06-03

Two hours later - same!

Posted: 10 January 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-24

Neil, I am sorry to hear that you are still not getting the SPAM results when sending to our Seed List. What is the subject of the email you are sending to the seed list? Are all the individual emails using the same “from” address?

Posted: 10 January 2012 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-06-03

Subject is ‘Merit Display January Offers’ and yes, they’re all from the same ‘from’ address.

Posted: 11 January 2012 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-06-03

Okay, it’s been 5 days since the test and I’m still waiting for the results, is there a chance somebody can let me know what’s happening please?

Posted: 11 January 2012 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-24

Greetings Neil, would you mind sending the same email (including the original subject and ‘from’ account) you sent to our Seed List to support {at} emailonacid.com? We would like to examine the email to figure out the problem. For some reason either we are not receiving the emails or something is being changed in the email for which our system cannot locate the associated SPAM test.

Posted: 11 January 2012 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-24

OK, I think I know what is happening with your SPAM results. The reason why the SPAM results are not populating for you is because your email is being ‘sent’ from a different account than what is in the ‘from’ address.

For a Seed List test in which the emails are sent separately we check the ‘Subject’ and ‘From’ address to see if they match any SPAM records. In our SPAM testing we have a lot of moving parts and since the ‘sender’ and ‘from’ are different in your emails not all the results are matching up correctly, which is why they appear to be still processing.

We are going to have to look into this issue and figure out a solution. I will let you know when this issue has been resolved.

If I did not explain that well enough please let me know.

Thanks for your patience.

Posted: 11 January 2012 09:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-24

Neil, I think we might have it resolved now. Would you mind sending another email to the Seed List? Please let me know if it is or is not working for you.

Posted: 12 January 2012 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Rank
Joined  2010-06-03

Thanks John

It’s working better now, but I’m still awaiting 11 results after 20 minutes.

It’s probably a question that you’ve been asked many, many times, but I notice I have a few fails. Is there a repository of info somewhere where it lists possible reasons for failing the spam filters in the various clients. Unless I’ve missed it, would it not be a good idea to have a page of advice/guidance on this site to cover the more obvious ‘mistakes’ we can make?

1 of 3

x

And get updates on the latest email tips, tricks and hacks!