Email on Acid is seeking a UI/UX Designer to contribute to our unique online customer experience.
We are looking for a creative individual, deeply immersed in user experience who understands how to wear the multiple hats of a front-end web designer. As a candidate, you must be able to work well in multi-disciplinary groups including technical, business, design, and customer experience. You should be comfortable working in an environment that feels like a startup, but is also a mature, widely known leader in the Email Marketing space.
- Design clean, fresh and current user interfaces.
- Develop organized, standards-compliant front-end code.
- Be knowledgeable and excited about the future of HTML5 and CSS3, and be able to write cross-browser-friendly code by hand.
- Know your way around project management, including juggling multiple parts of a project and keeping up to date with all the moving parts.
- Be able to speak the language of back-end engineers, internal business clients and our customers.
- Be proactive. Understand customer needs and work with team members to design awesome user experiences.
The kinds of things you'll likely do in this position:
- Collaborate with the entire team to execute both large and small-scale projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Use HTML, CSS, and JS to develop new pages, templates, and site content to continuously improve the Email on Acid website experience.
- Execute day to day tasks and content updates to keep the site fresh.
- Assist in the building and launching of landing pages and site-wide promotions.
- Help the optimization team conduct on-site testing and conversion optimization through installing A/B and Multivariate tests.
- Assist with user research and data collection as needed (heat maps via Crazy Egg and online surveys, etc.)
- Help identify opportunities to improve the usability of customer interactions. Work with other visual designers, web developers, and programmers to achieve strong visual and technological solutions without sacrificing user experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field 3-5 years of web design / front-end development experience.
- Strong HTML, CSS, and JS knowledge.
- Visual design experience a must.
- Experience in email design and development a plus.
- Experience with Agile development methodology.
- Experience with standard design, documentation, and web analytics tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Keen sense of customer experience and customer needs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- The desire to geek out with peers that "get" you.
To be considered for this position, candidates MUST provide the following:
- A link to an online portfolio that you were the sole contributor of (we want to see your work, not your collaborative projects)
- A requested salary range
- At least one link to a live website so that we can review your source code.
Email on Acid employees receive an excellent benefits package along with an exciting start-up environment in our Denver, Colorado office. Please note, this posting is for a permanent, full time position in Denver, Colorado. Only local applicants or those willing to relocate will be considered. No outsourcing or freelance positions for this job will be considered.
Email on Acid is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.